The 14th European VLBI Network (EVN) Symposium and Users Meeting will be hosted by the Instituto de Astrofísica de Andalucía-CSIC in Granada (Spain) on behalf of the EVN Consortium Board of Directors. The meeting will take place on October 8-11, 2018 at the main auditorium of the Parque de las Ciencias of Granada, the science museum of the city, within walking distance from the historic areas of Granada.
This biennial meeting is the main forum for discussion of the latest very long baseline interferometric scientific results and technical and technological developments within the EVN member countries. At this meeting there will also be a chance for user input into the future Science Vision for the EVN.
Topics to be discussed include:
- Powerful AGN science
- Starburst galaxies, extragalactic masers, and supernovae
- Stellar evolution and stellar masers
- Transient sources and pulsars
- Astrometric, geodetic & space applications
- VLBI technology developments
- Users feedback
- Current and future VLBI facilities and international cooperation
Moreover, the meeting will also focus on the role of EVN on:
- Very-high sensitivity VLBI with SKA
- Future multi-wavelength and multi-messenger astronomy including high angular-resolution astronomy at other wavelengths
A CASA-VLBI tutorial has been organized by JIV-ERIC for the late afternoon of October 11th, 2018 (15:30h to 18:30h).
More information here.