To enhance its programme of scientific cooperation with its host country Chile, ESO provides and manages an annual fund devoted to the development of disciplines related to astronomy and technology in Chile. Programmes to be supported fall into these areas:
- ESO grant funding to postdoctoral programmes in astronomy at Chilean academic institutions.
- Funding for extended scientific visits of one up to three months of post docs, researchers or senior faculty of academic institutions.
- Funding for academic faculty positions for periods of up to two years at Chilean academic institutions.
- Funding to support the development and presentation of educational programmes for the teaching and dissemination of astronomy in Chile.
- Funding to support development programmes and the construction of technological systems for astronomy.
- Funding to support the development of astronomy in areas not covered by the above four categories.
Deadline for proposals: 4 September 2020.
More information here.